January 2020 the international consultant company Knight Piesold started to update existing ESIA for the Sombwe project to incorporate the transmission lines and access road. Additional field studies were conducted May 2021.
KIPAY will shortly publish a summary of the scoping study.
In line with KIPAY’s Stakeholder Policy we will consult stakeholders for feedback on the scoping study.
Ongoing work in line with IFC standards:
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- Local Recruitment Procedures
- Implementation of Grievance Procedures
- Land Acquisition Plan
- Implementation of Corporate Policies
- Security Management Plan
- Aquatic and Sedimentation Studies
- Ecosystem Services Assessments
- Capacity Building of local KIPAY Team
Planned and expected action plans in acceptable international level :
- Development of an Environmental and Social Management Systems
- Biodiversity Action Plan
- Programmes sociaux
- Environmental, Health and Safety Plan.
- Community Health and Safety Management Plan
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Management Plan
- Forest Restoration Action Plan